Why be a Host Coordinator?
Host Coordinators will play a vital part in the BLTM Hosted Buyer Programme, by inviting and taking care of key buyers. There will be around 50 Host Coordinators to select, invite and qualify the hosted buyers attending the show.
To be a Host Coordinator, you must be an exhibitor with a stand. Organisations who may become Host Coordinators include hotel chains, representation companies, airlines, trade publications, trade associations and many more.
- Strengthen your long-term partnerships, by taking special care of your buyers
- Expand networking opportunities for yourself and your organisation
- Give your clients the opportunity to meet you and your partners at your stand
- Media companies can showcase their readership quality to potential advertisers
- Enjoy attending professional gatherings and education sessions together during the show
- Build relationships with new clients
- One person from your company will be hosted by BLTM, as a Group Leader, accompanying a minimum of 5 (and up to 15) buyers in your group
If you would like to work with BLTM as an intermediary, please contact Harsh Agarwal
Host Coordinator Responsibilities
- Work closely with a dedicated BLTM Hosted Buyer Programme Account Manager
- Invite as fully hosted buyers to the BLTM, your clients who are responsible for buying Business and MICE related travel
- Send your unique application link to invite potential hosted buyers once registration is open
- Process and manage all administration via the BLTM website
- Work with your BLTM Account Manager to ensure all relevant deadlines and target figures are met
- Ensure that all applications from hosted buyers are completed in full before being submitted to BLTM for final approval
- Keep your clients up-to-date about all the programme arrangements - including the travel and accommodation itinerary
- Ensure buyers are aware of their appointment obligations
- Nominate a group leader to accompany the group to the show
- Notify Fairfest immediately in the case of any cancellation(s)
- Manage your group of buyers on site to ensure they fulfill their appointment obligations and enjoy their experience
As a Host Coordinator, you also commit to ensure that no social events or programmes are organised (by you or any others) for your group off the show floor during show hours.
How to Bring a Hosted Buyer Group
Once confirmed as a Host Coordinator – BLTM is here to support you before and during the show.
As a Host Coordinator, you may invite your key clients to attend BLTM as a part of our Hosted Buyer Programme. As part of hosting your group, you’ll help to qualify them and then travel to venue together. At the trade show, it’ll be your responsibility to ensure buyers attend any pre-arranged group appointments, plus arrange evening and networking events for your group.
Before the Show
- Host Coordinators send out their personalised registration link to their key clients, inviting them to apply to join their group, plus any additional activities that they may have organised for them
- Prospective hosted buyers complete the online application, supplying details of international events they’ve organised, including location, venue, dates and numbers of people attending
- Host Coordinators review the completed application and ensure all the information is complete prior to being checked by the BLTM Hosted Buyer Team. BLTM may request additional information to support the application from you, and may also contact the venues provided for verification
- Once qualified, hosted buyers will receive a confirmation email welcoming them to the Hosted Buyer Programme. Applicants who do not qualify for the programme are welcome to attend BLTM as a visitor buyer.
- The BLTM Hosted Buyer Team books flights and hotel accommodation for your client(s), coordinating schedules with you. Hosted buyers can view these reservations online in the Hosted Buyer Zone. Most hosted buyers are issued e-tickets. Buyers who opt to book their own travel are requested to book within the guidelines outlined in Travel Reimbursements
- 4 weeks prior to the show, hosted buyers can access the Online Diary and messaging service to make appointments with the exhibitors of their choice and to send RFPs and messages
At the Show
- Use of the Hosted Buyer Lounge and complimentary WiFi, plus exclusive registration facilities and a dedicated onsite BLTM support team.
- Access to free education sessions during the show including specialist programmes on the day prior to the show for corporate and association buyers
- Invitations to meet and network at professional gatherings, exhibitor events and parties
- Complimentary transportation arrangement for the hosted buyers
- Access to the BLTM Online Diary, ensuring they make the most of their time at the exhibition